How To Download FiveM On PC (Easy Guide)
In this Guide and Introduction I will tell you exactly everything I know about FiveM and all I can fit in one post which can be good information for you who want to start on something new.
How To Download FiveM On PC
What is FiveM?
Well FiveM is a modification for GTA V enabling you to play multiplayer on customized dedicated servers. This means you no longer need to grind money to buy a $8,500,000 car on GTA: Online and only use that car once. On FiveM there is many, many and so many different servers you can play on, and many different gamemodes.
How do I start Fivem?
So I recommend you making a profile on forum.fivem.net 1.2k where you then can join all the discussions and make new threads and topics where you can either advertise a new community, post new releases, talk about general stuff on FiveM, or ask for help in the technical support category.
Installing FiveM is pretty straightforward. It’s usually a matter of downloading FiveM, then simply running the downloaded file. For those who’d like a bit more detail, read below.
Running into trouble? Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements and read the client issues manual.
- Disable any antivirus before you download FiveM. Some antivirus vendors like Avast, AVG, and others are known to block FiveM procedures, so make sure your antivirus is fully turned off. Once FiveM is installed, add FiveM to the whitelist/exclusions of your antivirus. See here how. We’re working on a solution.
- Make sure you have installed and updated GTA V.
- Download FiveM off the website.
- Run FiveM.exe. If you run the installer in an empty folder, FiveM will install there. Otherwise, it will install in
- Start FiveM from your Windows start menu.
Join a server
2. With the latest FiveM update you can now in the Server Browser check the tags, for example if you want economy based servers where you have to get a job and earn money to get something like your very own apartment, or a motorcycle from the car dealership then you can check in “economy”.
If you can not find a specific tag, what you can do is type in the search bar and then what you want to search for after the colon “:”, if you want to play on a server with drugs just simple write and then there you go. All the server with the tag “drugs” will be visible. If you don’t want to search by tags, you can search by name or word(s).
I’m in a server, what do I do now?
3. There is many things you need to think about. There is servers where they don’t allow client sided scripts, or also known as trainers or mod menus. Just like in GTA: Online, use a mod menu and Rockstar Games will ban you except in FiveM that is rarely an option. Servers that donotallow trainers are usually economy based, or the gamemode it is does not want you as a player use cheats to get advantage over other players.
These servers are usually called “esx” or “vrp”, now these are just resources but these esx and vrp servers are usually like GTA: Online, but without the random events, NPC police chasing you(which instead are replaced with real players that play as the police), Simeon spamming your phone with calls asking you to do missions for him, and so on. The list can go on for a long time, but with experience and trying new things you will understand why people rather play FiveM over GTA: Online.